Thursday, November 6, 2008

Proposition eight

For those in the state of California, Proposition Eight was to ban gay marriage in the state of california.

Part of me wishes I registered to vote in CA.
At one point of my life I was going to apply for a California Drivers Permit when I was 15 but I never got around to really learning how to drive. I spent enough time in CA back then but I'd always feel the strong need to come back home to manhattan.

I was thinking maybe things would've been different if I spent that time in SF instead of LA.

I so would've voted against Prop. 8. I don't think it matters who you love and decide to spend your life with. I find the entire California voting system for propositions highly interesting. There have always been other propositions that I wish I could vote for.

Alas, its the wish of a manhattan voter.
I think I can be a bicoastal voter.
NVM I will be
And I hope Prop. 4 fails miserably.

3 comments:

Syd said...

Proposition Eight must really piss off most of the population of San Francisco! It´s amazing that the powers that be can get away with such things.

Kalou said...

I don't understand this, wasn't same sex marriage only just legalized in California in the summer?

Syd said...

Yes and now the lovely people behind Proposition Eight want it overturned, pricks!